Thursday, January 27, 2011

3 February~ Podcasts

My little Lydi Bug just hours old just celebrated her 5th birthday on Friday. Love this princess.

What? PODCASTS! They are so fun. I have never had so much fun writing up a Public Service Announcement with Natalia. We planned what we would each say and then recording it on an iphone. I don't think I've ever had so much fun or laughed so hard while doing an assignment.

So What? You can use Podcasts for a variety of things. I am going to focus on the educational benefits. In my psychology class our teacher allows us to turn in our assignments using a podcast. Now that I know how to do it, I can record my homework terms and upload them. It would be beneficial to me for studying and reviewing the content in my ipod while I excersise, clean, and cook. So convenient. Now all I need is a way to record my podcasts.

Now What? I can also podcast a lecture that I am giving, take for instance math. If a student misses a day of school or just needs a review he/she can download the lecture and be able to understand the material better. If I knew I was being recorded I would be more attentive to not only writing the problems out but also speaking them to the ones that listen to it later. It would also be a good review to do a podcast on some likely questions/concepts that would be on the upcoming test. This would help students prepare better and lessen test anxiety. It would also be fun for older age students to record their own podcast for an assignment, individually or as a group. I am excited to do some podcasting with my kids and my future students. Watch out. We might get a little CrAzY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment