Wednesday, January 26, 2011

27 January 2011~Google Part 2

Had to add a picture of 2 of my kiddos, Lydia and Ethan. They are such good friends, I love it. In my opinion, a blog post isn't a real blog post unless it has some sort of picture!

What? I created my own website on google sites. It was so easy as long as you have Doc Waters there to guide you. Ha ha. No really. It was a "wizzy wig" tool. Very self explanatory. I could do it again if I need to. Go to it HERE and make sure you take my New Year Quiz in the Survey/Test/Quiz link.

So What? I can use this tool/website now for my field experience. I can use the calendar for real lessons and the daily agenda. I can also have friends and family test out my quiz and the whole website to get their feedback. I think it is a great way to keep the students, as well as the parents informed on what is going on at school.

Now What? Well, I am definitely going to have to play with the site more so I feel 100% comfortable, 6 hours just wasn't enough for this girl! I will definitely use this when I am officially "Mrs. Adams" to 25-30 cute little munchkins. I want to be the most effective teacher I can be. I can do this by integrating technology not only in the classroom, but using it as a means of communication for the busy parents and students. I also think it would be a good idea to let the principal know of my site so she/he can monitor it and provide feedback as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment