Friday, January 14, 2011

20 January ~ Google Part 1

WHAT? Google of course. In class I learned how to make a Google document, calendar, form, even a presentation. Needless to say, I am hooked. I will use all of these things at home, at school, and in my classroom. How you ask? Let me tell you.



SO WHAT? I can access this information anywhere there is internet access. I won't have to be at home (where my calendar is located) to make plans anymore. I can work on group projects/presentations with my fellow peers. When doing a powerpoint we can work together on it any time of the day. One of the coolest features is that you can change it to any language you want. I know, so cool.



NOW WHAT? I will be able to engage my future students by collaberating on an assignment. I can send a questionaire to parents to see if and when they could volunteer in the classroom. I can make a weekly newsletter for my students in English and with the click of a button transform it into their language preference. I can make a spreadsheet with grades, notes, the possibilities are endless! I can be organized 24-7. So exciting! These tools are going to change the way we teach, learn, and engage. I am excited to do some more exploring!

No comments:

Post a Comment