Sunday, April 17, 2011

20 April - Strengths and Weaknesses

Although I've had to get out of my comfort zone, one strength with technology is that I enjoy learning new things. I can operate a computer and it's software, send emails, open and save programs, create a google site, digital story, upload and download files, and create power points.

I am clearly not an expert on anything so I can improve in every aspect of the NET standards and UNI survey. I am weak in incorporating technology in my lesson plans, as well as using technology as an assessment tool. My other weakness is troubleshooting. Eeeks. When something goes wrong with a program, I immediately need an anxiety pill. No, not really, but it does cause me stress. Usually it is something very minimal and then I am A-OK!

I would like to attend a technology conference this summer. I could also take online classes on specific software programs. (I've been meaning to ask you what conference you would recommend.) As far as online tutorials, I really like Kathy Schrock's website. on She has useful ways of incorporating technology into your lesson plans. By attending technology workshops and learning effective ways of implementing technology into teaching and assessing my students, I can improve my weaknesses. In turn, I'll also raise my teacher self-efficacy, being more confident and prepared to teach children.

No comments:

Post a Comment