Monday, April 18, 2011

20 April - Lessons Learned

I am amazed at how far technology has advanced since I was in highschool (14 years ago). We didn't even have access to the internet. The computer class that I took at Provo High was as basic as they come, teaching us how to type and use a basic software programs. When my younger brother introduced me to the World Wide Web I thought I would never, ever use it. Boy was I wrong. You can only hide from the technology world for so long, it will come looking for you if you don't come looking for it!

I enjoyed all of the sites and videos. I even saved a few of them to my "favorites" tab. The eschool news was informational and will be a site I frequently visit. The one that struck me most by surprise was the globalization; did you know, you tube video. I find some of the facts hard to believe. It seems crazy that the top 10 jobs in 2010 didn't exist in 2004. I am curious to know what jobs those are. Also, the fact that we are preparing students for jobs that don't exist with technology that isn't invented. I believe some of the jobs don't exist but we are still going to have a need of scientists, doctors, nurses, factory/store workers, teachers, etc.

The most important 2 things that I learned from these sources are that: (1) I will have to be open to change and (2) I must embrace technology and make it my best friend. I have many things to still learn. I know I must use the best tools that will engage my students. I can do this by incorporating technology into my lesson plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment